The SpaceCoast Freewheelers are proud to present
the 32nd Annual IntraCoastal Waterway Century
“The most scenic ride in Florida”
This ride will have you cycling alongside and over the beautiful Intracoastal Waterway. Brevard’s most beautiful natural and historical landmarks also lay along this course—including the Kennedy Space Center Complex. In one day you will ride by Rocket Gardens, over sailboats, through wildlife preserves, and under shady oaks lining charming neighborhood roads. This course begs you to savor its delightful sights—and maybe even stop for a few spectacular photos.
A few highlights:
• Cross over three bridges and three different bodies of water. The Eau Gallie Causeway lifts you high over the ICW while the low-slung Mather’s Swing Bridge brings you down to eye-level with the dolphins and Dragon Boat Race teams as they pass beneath you.
• Cycle right through the home of heroes and legends—the Kennedy Space Center— where you’ll pass near the Rocket Gardens, launch pads, and the center’s impressive 60-acre solar farm.
• Relish riding through the shady Pine Island Conservation Area and 880-acre Wildlife Sanctuary while you watch for alligators and marvel at one of the oldest standing structures in Florida—the historic Sam House.
• Peddle along the edge of the Indian River Lagoon, side-by-side with the manatees and Great Blue Herons. The sweet river breeze will keep you going.
• Take in the quaint 125-year-old Saint Luke’s Episcopal Church with its Carpenter Gothic Style and iconic-looking graveyard.
• Wind through Crooked Mile Road and the enchanting homesteads on Merritt Island. Some date back to the turn of the century and were once pineapple and citrus farms.
• Spot the classic, rod-iron-gated Georgiana Cemetery with its moss-dripping oaks; it’s sure to capture your imagination as you cruise by. And one special curve is home to a lovely church that was built with lumber delivered by sailboat from St. Augustine in 1886.
• Coast over the finish line and celebrate completing your ride in the riverfront town of Cocoa Village with a post-ride meal.
This year’s event takes place Sunday, October 25th, starting at 8:00am from the Cocoa Civic Center in downtown Cocoa Village, FL. This is a fully-supported ride that includes stocked SAG/Rest Stops, roving SAG/mechanical support, a light breakfast and a hearty refreshing dinner after the ride.
On offer are four routes:
• Double Metric (200km/125 mile)
This Double Metric is designed for ultra-distance athletes wanting to really stretch themselves.
• Full Imperial Century (100 mile)
Those attempting this 100mi distance for the first time can pace themselves under the guidance of an SCFW Ride Leader, who can assist where needed.
• Metric Century (100km/63 mile)
Those attempting this 100km distance for the first time can pace themselves under the guidance of an SCFW Ride Leader, who can assist where needed.
• Family Fun Rides (28 & 14 mile)
For guests wanting shorter and more relaxed rides, we continue to offer escorted rides along the scenic Indian River roadways. The 14-mile ride is safe, escorted, and pace-controlled—perfect for active young families and beginners (bring helmets for everyone). The 28-mile ride extends the 14-miler, just a little farther, but no less enchanting.
And for those not riding, there are plenty of local activities in and around the riverside Cocoa Village. Bring your loved ones for a relaxing day where you can stroll the Indian River walkway, explore quaint boutiques housed in historic buildings, eat old fashioned ice cream, or rest a spell at a Victorian coffee house, English pub, Bavarian biergarten or American bistro.
Everyone will be in for a memorable day, on or off the bike.